My son Aatish, 8 yrs, participated in a competition at Rajyog Ganesh Utsav, Pune. He won the first prize.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Sunday, February 17, 2013
The Chaturshringi Temple is a Hindu temple in the city of Pune, Maharashtra, India. The temple is located on the slope of a hill on Senapati Bapat Road. It is said to have been built during the reign of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle. The temple is looked after by Chaturshringi Devasthan (Temple) trustees, with full dedication.
Chaturshringi (Chatur means four) is a mountain with four peaks. The Chaturshringi temple is 90 feet high and 125 feet wide and is a symbol of power and faith. One has to climb more than 100 steps to reach the shrine of Goddess Chaturshringi. In the temple premises there are also temples of Goddess Durga and Lord Ganesh. This includes eight miniature idols of Ashtavinayaka. These small temples are located on the four separate hillocks.
- Source : Wikipedia
Here are some photos & a video .
Video from steps of temple ..
Main entrance of temple
Ganesh temple - halfway on the steps
Renovation work in progress ..
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
The Canon Photographers Guide To Upgrading Your Equipment – Part I: Lenses http://www.thephoblographer.com/2011/12/01/the-canon-photographers-guide-to-upgrading-your-equipment-part-i-lenses/
Some interesting facts about Pune --- Khara Punekar
1. Pune has the impeccable record of highest growth within a span of 20 Years
2. Pune has highest number of pubs in Asia.
3. Pune has highest number of cigarette smokers in India.
4. Pune has the highest number of software companies in India-212, followed by Bangalore - 208, Hydrabad - 97. Hence called the Silicon Valley of Maharashtra
5. Pune has 35 engineering colleges, which is highest in the world in a given city. Pune University has 57 Engineering colleges affiliated to it, which is highest in the world.
6. Pune is the only city in the world to have commercial and defense Airport operating from the same strip.
7. Pune has highest number of public sectors and government Organizations in India.
8. Pune university has highest number of students going abroad for higher studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur.
9. Pune has only 38% of local population (i.e.Marathi) .Hence a true cosmopolitan with around 20% North Indians,10% Tamilians, 14% Telugites, 10% Keralites, 8% Europeans(Koregaon Park),5% Africans,2%Bangalis and 6% a mixture of all races.
10. Pune police has the reputation of being second best in India after Bombay.
11. Pune has the highest density of traffic in India.
12. Pune has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world.
13. Pune is considered the fashion capital of east comparable to Paris
15. Pune has produced the maximum international sportsmen in India for all sports next to Mumbai & Delhi.
16. Pune has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for many high profile Prize nominations.
17. Pune has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost 60% of the Indian population abroad is from Pune (except Gulf).
18. Pune is famous for THREE: Software Professionals, Girls and Dogs..
19. Pune is the only city in India where there are seven Universities.
20.I stay in Pune....
Be proud to be a Punekar :)
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Thursday, November 01, 2012
I have been Google Map user since my first Android phone in 2010. Google Maps navigation was not supported in India.
Generally I don't need maps in Pune . But today I was in Somawar Peth area somewhere & opened map to get a route to office. Surprisingly navigation button was active.
I used it get a route to Kalyani Nagar. Audio directions were pretty accurate.
Impressive overall app.
If you don't follow directions it recalculates route